Wednesday, April 02, 2008

sneak peak




these are some images from a book i am going to be making about los angeles freeways. i started this project about a year ago when i was in london, and never quite finished it. the project was supposed to be a cultural project about where you are from, and i chose freeways since they aren't such a prevalent part of life anywhere else but los angeles. in between these images, i collected stories from friends about experiences they have had on los angeles freeways. the stories are all in the person's voice and are like the stories in the book "twillight" (which is about the los angeles riots, but from the perspective of a ton of different people all still keeping the way they talk).

here is one of the stories:

"I had to meet my dad for dinner after work and we agreed to meet at home. As soon as we got on the 5, I decided to see if I could beat him home. I merged onto the 2 thinking I was so clever, and when I excitedly turned onto the main road, I saw my dad pulled over by the cops because his fog lights were on. And then I laughed because I won."

No comments: